Monday, August 24, 2009

I'll Sleep Well Tonight

Well, in-service started today. The first meeting/challenge was VERY good. I didn't take notes because I was unprepared (shame on me) but it was good nonetheless (I don't like that phrase...why did I use it?) We all sorted through 125 boxes of textbooks and then took them up to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor. We were all sweaty by the end and hungry for lunch. I was able to work on my room...taking books out of plastic, sorting them, putting them on the shelf, moving desks and shelves, cleaning, sorting, etc. I was at the school from 9:30-6. It was fun and it passed quickly, but I know I'll sleep well tonight!

I met one of my students. If he isn't just the cutest little thing, I don't even know who is!! He was PRICELESS! So adorable. :) I'm so excited!! And his English was very good which gives me a glimmer of hope.

I went shopping with another teacher and got some school supplies as well as more items for my apartment. It's amazing how many little things you need (and want--but I've been pretty good in only getting things I need...pretty good :) On the way back (which I can now find my way around pretty well in a small area) I tried Korean toast. It was this little shop...maybe 5 feet wide and 15 feet long. The shopkeeper cracked an egg into a square thing and cooked it along with cheese, sausage (which is more like ultra processed hotdog...) some interesting sweet sauce, and really sweet pickles. It was soo hot and delicious! I didn't particularly care for the pickles, but they weren't horrible. I'm not a pickle person. I found my way back and even walked myself to the grocery store. I saw some of the administrators there and they asked me if I ventured out alone. I said yes and then they told me that they were right behind me and wanted to make sure I found the way. I did! I was very happy. I'm starting to recognize landmarks. Now to get a cell phone so I can really venture out alone. I feel VERY safe here. Even at night there are scores of people walking around and cars going by.

Well, I really should be working on my long range plan that's due Wednesday, so until next time.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment