Friday, August 27, 2010

Short Arms

The sky has been bipolar the last few days. I wake up to the clearest blue sky you've ever seen, and then hours later WHAM! Torrential downpour. Then more blue sky and sun and then the heaviest rain you've heard. So, as I walked home in the rain today, I realized that I think Asian umbrellas have a shorter handle because they have short arms. Maybe other umbrellas are that short, but I haven't carried anything but Asian ones in so long that I can't remember.

I got my classroom all set up. Just when I thought I was done, I though of 10 other little things that needed to get done. And then after my classroom was all set up, I moved my desk clear across the room. Guess I wasn't done after all.
We have projectors, and I have a computer!!! I was thrilled to say the least. I made a rules and procedures power point. I figure it would be more interesting than me standing up there gabbing while they drift off into lala land. I'm so happy that I can show video clips and pictures and websites pertaining to the lessons! :D

Tonight we're going to Tony Romas to celebrate the birthdays of Robyn et Moi. Then we're going to Robyn and Robbie's house to chit chat, hang out, and eat REAL cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, and birthday cake that Robyn and I made together last night. As we baked, we reminisced about the last time I was over and we made frosting using Korean ingredients. The frosting ended up more like a greasy fudge that slide around the mixing bowl in one giant lump. That gave us the jollies.

Last night I wrote and practiced my maid of honor speech. I'm not sure why I did it so far in advance, but for some reason I thought of it and wanted to do it. Of course, I cried like a loser and then realized that if I get up there to give it, I might barf, run, or bawl. Maybe all three...we'll see when the time comes. I can just see myself in front of 400+ people...oh great, I'm freaking myself out now. I'll shut up about it.

I bought this coffee powder stuff...it works.

I've had this revelation that heat rash isn't fun.

The only thing I have left to do it buy hangers and get the other half of my clothes together, clean my oven and figure out where the battery goes, and move my new microwave, dishes, rice cooker, iron, etc. from school to home. Haha then I'm all set! No more living on PB+J, yogurt, bananas, and green tea.

I love aircon. It's like an addiction that I need to be unaddicted to because it will cost me $$. But it's so nice...aircon addicts anon.

I'm excited about this school year. I can't wait to start teaching and get to know my kids. I pray they will all accept Christ. In His time, and not mine. I'm so blessed by God. I can't even count all the ways He's poured blessings on me. I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment