Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Dark Outside

Actually, it is dark outside right now. That's because I am sitting at the computer in the library staring out the window while I attempt (key word being attempt) to enter grades into the new online grade book. It would be easy expect that sometimes I'm a little electronically slow. I got 2 classes put in just in the later hour. I'm pretty tired so I think I'll head home very soon.

Nathaniel left *shed a tear*, but I will see him in 10 days. Actually, less that that. I'm very excited to go to China!! I've been studying Chinese again the last couple days. I can read and write 你 (you), 好 (good), 叉 (fork). 公园 (park), 船 (boat), 出租汽车 (taxi), 茶 (tea), 我 (I), 也 (also), 高兴 (happy), 哥哥 (older brother), 很 (very), and a few more...pretty good for 2 days! haha It's going to be slow, but I actually enjoy learning the characters rather than sounding out a word letter by letter ( because each character=one word) They're random words, but I can say simple sentences like "Hello, how are you? I'm fine and you? I'm fine as well." At least I can be polite!!

The Christmas program is coming up on Friday. It will be a long day, but I'm sure all the parents will enjoy it. The elementary is doing the story behind the song "Silent Night." It's going to be very cute, and they've worked very hard! I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks until Christmas break! I feel like just yesterday I landed in Korea in August!

I'm looking forward to going home this summer to visit my family and go to the wedding of my 哥哥. It should be fun! I love Korea, though, and I'm starting to think of it as home.

Oh, glory be! April, one of the women in our church and also a friend of mine, got saved on Sunday!!!! I had been praying for her since I met her a few weeks after I came to Korea, and others had been praying for her for a looooong time before that. But, God drew her to Him and saved her! Now I have a new sister!! I was so excited for that!

This Saturday is the last week of Korean class. I've really enjoyed it, because I haven't taken any kind of language class in so long! Korean is a HARD language. I think Chinese will be easier. MUCH easier.

Well, better run. My bed is loudly calling my name. Pardon any grammar/spelling/punctuation mistakes...I've found my English going downhill since I came here. :) Peace!

Oh and also it snowed yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment