Monday, November 30, 2009

Twinkle

So, life has been fun but seemingly uneventful. I mean, the event of the year! Seeing NATHANIEL! Yeah that's right...he's here in Korea, and I couldn't be happier. We've just been hanging out and talking and going to fun places in Korea. I learned that he really...I mean REALLY...likes doughy white pancakes and he will eat the batter too. I'm so thankful that God brought him here!

Other than that school has been going well! My kids are cute as ever. The Thanksgiving party for the kids went off well, and the one for the teachers was even better! We had all the American fixin's and a lot of laughing and smiles. It was really nice to have a bit of American stuck in my life. Although, I do consider home to be Korea right now.

I played kick ball with my kids today. I didn't know what to do so I just kept running around the bases and they told me that I was not supposed to run because our team wasn't up to kick. Hmm...very smart teacher. :) It was fun anyways.

Our class will be India for international day. I'm pretty excited about that. Korean's already like curry, so that should be easy and fun!

Christmas is coming fast...and we all know what that means! CHINA!!! 2 whole weeks in the country that I love the most!! I'm soooooo excited and blessed that God is giving us this opportunity to go even just for a short time. I'm so excited to see what we'll be doing there.

I went to Korean church on Sunday after my church was done. It was really interesting. They had us stand up, focused the camera on us, and sang to us. After that they presented us with a rose each. It was strangely wonderful. I was carrying my Korean friend's Korean baby and, of course, got many strange stares. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

Well, time to clean the classroom, put in book orders, write a quiz (or 2...or 3) and then go to someone's house for dinner! The madness never ends, but I wouldn't change a second of it.

Peace!

***praying for grandma who is in the hospital***

No comments:

Post a Comment