Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Rejoice always" 1 Thess. 5:16.

I love that verse, but I forget it so easily. Rejoice always. A simple command that means so much in 2 short words. Does it mean "rejoice unless you have a trial" or "rejoice when everything is going great?" No, it means just what it says : rejoice ALWAYS. Dictionary.com defines "always" as : all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly; forever; in any event; at any time." There is never a reason for a Christian not to rejoice. What about trials? I like to ask myself some questions when I'm tempted not to rejoice because of a trial. 1) Is God always in control? (yes) 2) Does God always give His children what is best for them at the time according to His perfect will? (yes) 3) Will God always give the strength to get through each trial? (yes) 4) Does God know the outcome of the trial (yes)....and the questions could go on and on. Point being, God knows, He cares, and He's with us. There's never a time when God says "Here's a trial. I'll be back in 2 days. You handle it for now." No. God never leaves and never stops helping us carry our load. So, the question again: What about trials? A Christian can rejoice in trials. Trials help us to see our inadequacies and turn to God for strength. They also teach us about who God is, and they help us to become more like Him. He knows what we need, and that's what He'll give us.

Rejoice always. So important to remember, yet so easy to forget. Don't just rejoice when the sun shines, but rejoice when it rains.

When you say:

“I can’t figure this out”
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

“I can’t do it!”
God says: “You can do all things (Philippians 4:3)

“I feel so alone”
God says: “I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

“I don't have what I need ”
God says: “I will supply all your needs” (Philippians 4:19)

“I’m afraid”
God says: “I have not given you a spirit of fear” (2 Timothy 1:7)


"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are plans for good, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"I love the Lord because He hears my voice and prayer for mercy. I will pray as long as I have breath." Psalm 116:1-2

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Psalm 91:2

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair. 2 Corinthians 4:7-8

For I the Lord God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not, I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13

I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:1-2

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee. Isaiah 26:3

But thanks be to God who giveth us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians15:57

"There is no need to worry about what will happen tomorrow, because God knew what would happen tomorrow before yesterday happened." (Hope that doesn't confuse anyone!)

Things here have been pretty busy what with the Christmas program and all. That was Friday night from 7:30-10, but the kids came at 1 and we had class until 3 and then practice. Because my kids are in 5th grade, they are in the elementary program and then they are in the beginner band and orchestra with the high school. So, right after the elem. program finished, I had to whisk them upstairs to change. I'm running from basement to 3rd floor down to 2nd back to 3rd then up to 4th then back to 2. I get them down the the basement on the stairs where I find out they're way too early so I take them back up to 2nd then back down. Still too early so back up then back down. It was really crazy but SO fun! At least I had fun! :) Not sure how some of the other teachers felt. But, it's done. Praise God it went well. A few mess ups here and there, but overall it was great.

I leave for China on Saturday afternoon! YAY! I couldn't be more excited! We'll be in Shanghai from the 19th to the 22 and then onto Xian until the 25th. We'll be in Shanghai again from Christmas day until January 2nd. I'm so excited!!! :D I'll get to use my limited Chinese once again. And when I say limited, I mean LIMITED!

Well, I'm off for now. I have a lot of work to do still in the classroom. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment