Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scrambled Pizza Pancake...thing...

I felt this to be very blog worthy. I might as well get a Nobel Peace Prize for it. I have been eating rice with seaweed and tuna for the last...ever. I went to the store tonight and decided that I wanted something different. I saw a box with pizza crust mix in it. I didn't know if it came with cheese and sauce, so I bought some little sausages and pizza sauce.

I got home, took the bag out of the box, and realized a couple things:

1) The directions were in Korean...I can't read Korean. I didn't know if it was a "just add water" deal, or if I had to put in all these fancy things like eggs and soda. Can you tell that I'm a top chef?

2) There was no cheese

3) I didn't have a pizza pan

Here are some things I found to work with:

A mixing bowl and whisk
Water
Eggs
Pizza dough powder mix
Sausage
A skillet
Pizza sauce
chopsticks and a bowl
And my intellect

I used them all. Except the intellect part. First, I mixed the dough with water and an egg to make it the consistency of pancake batter. Next I poured that into the skillet. When it started to burn, I "flipped" it. Actually, it broke in half and the batter poured all over the cooked part. So, I decided to scramble it. You can do that with eggs, so why not batter? It worked...sort of. No, it did work. Next, I cut up the sausage and put it in. After lightly browning the sausage (yeah right) I poured the entire concoction into a bowl, poured pizza sauce on it, and VOILA! Satisfyingly yummy.

Well, at least I can make something out of randomness.

Other than that my day was not wanting to wake up early, going to school, teaching my wonderful students, having a few laughs, going for a super fun bike ride with a friend, and then figuring out how I could beat the system and use my partially broken washer without it dumping the entire contents of the world's water onto my kitchen floor. The end.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment