Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rewind

Sorry for not updating more, but things just get busy and I forget. I tend to have the memory span of a goldfish...about 3 seconds.

The weather is GORGEOUS here. Warm, only a tiny bit humid, a more or less blue skies all around. My hair tells me that the humidity is steadily growing. And my hair usually doesn't lie.

Only 28 more days until school is finished. Wow...a whole year down only by God's grace. It flew by like...something flying very fast. I know the summer will whip past too in a whirlwind of activity. I'll be doing A LOT of traveling...Spain, Italy, Canada, America, Seoul, China...wow. But I'm excited.

I was thinking about it yesterday and I'm excited to be able to read the signs and understand what people are saying. I don't miss America (of course I miss my family) but it'll be nice to not need a translator. I think I'm slowly becoming Asian... This could be interesting.

My chinese studies are coming along quite nicely. The language is beauitful and it just makes sense. The hardest part is memorizing the characters and getting the pronounciation down, but even that just takes memorization. God will help me, I know this.

We've been getting news letters from Vaughan Town recently. They sent pictures of the venue, and it's stunning. Very secluded but pretty. The rooms look stellar as well...we get our own rooms! I'll be sure to take many pictures. That is hoping that the Iceland volcano will stop errupting long enough for us to go and get out. I'll have my trust pink blanket lest we should be stranded in the airport.

I went bike riding at Seoul Forest yesterday. The weather was stellar and the trees were green and the flowers fragrant. A perfect day to enjoy the nature God created. I hadn't
rode a bike...riden a bike (been in Korea too long)...anyways, I hadn't been on a bike since I was young I guess. I thought I was goin to fall off and die, but I didn't! I triumphed! My bike was pink with a basket and a bell. A perfect combo and the bell was fun though maybe slightly overused. :) I went down by the 한강 (Han River) and rode again tonight. A perfect night for biking. I got to hold a parrot too!

I'm in the process of packing up my house so they can move my things to a different apartment while I'm away for the summer. Teachers seem to move a lot here, but I don't mind at all. I'll be literally right around the corner from the school and THAT I definitely don't mind!

God's just been so good. I'm so thankful still for the salvation of my student, and I'm still praying for the salvation of more. I know that even when someone seems so far gone and totally out of reach, they're never out of reach of my all powerful God. Nothing is impossible for Him, not even the hardest of hearts. I'm thankful and so humbled that he knows my weekness and many sins and broken promises and unusableness, yet...still he chooses to use me. It's something I'll never grasp, but something for which I'll be eternally grateful. Used by God...what an honor.

Sometimes I wish I could borrow God's eyes for just a second. Then I could see all the sin just as it is. Then maybe...just maybe...I would feel a greater sense of urgency to tell people about the Lord. I would see hell more clearly and I would not want to hide it for fear that they would go to that awful, Godless, burning, dark place. I hate the fact that I don't open my mouth more. I pray for forgiveness when I pass up an opportunity to tell someone about Christ's love. God forgives and gives more chances. It's what I was my whole life to be given to...the spreading of the gospel and good news of Jesus' death and humble service to God filled with praise and real love...it seems so unatainable really. A huge mountain I can't cross. But by God's grace I can.

That's my life in a nut shell as of late. I'm just loving being here. It's proving true more and more each day that as long as I get to serve God, I am content. That is, after all, why I'm here. To serve and glorify God. All the praise to Him!

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment