Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eating Popsicles on a Hot Day

If I don't get to see the world or make money or have nice things or live to an old age or have many friends or own a great house and car or get to do fun things or have an awesome job or get married and have lots of babies or live comfotably...if I never get to do any of these things, just let me serve God.

Over seeing the world, give me a place to serve Him where many do not know Christ. In place of making money, give me great security in knowing that God will provide for my needs. Instead of having nice things, give me contentment with what I have. If I don't get to live to be old, give me grace and strength to use every second to serve God. If there aren't many friends in my life, let God be my greatest friend ever. If I don't own a house or a car, let me be pleased with all God gives me. If I don't get to do many fun things, let me take joy in all the blessings Christ brings along, even the tiny things. If I don't have an awesome job, let me love where God put me, work at it with all my heart for God's glory, and use it as a witnessing tool. If I don't get married or have kids, let God be all I need. If I live an uncomfortable life, let me be grateful for every breath. Even if God chooses to give me these things, let Him be enough. Let Him be all I need, all I desire, all I seek. All I work for, all my contentment. Let him receive all my worship and praise.

I bought a bike. Its orange with a basket, a bell, and a light!! For those of you who wonder, I also bought a helemet. :) On Thursday, I rode for about 1.5 hours, Friday topped the charts at 4 hours, and Saturday was about 3 hours. Needless to say, I've discovered how much I love it and I've also come to know how sore one can get. Seoul really is a great city with some awesome bike lanes. It's my new fun hobby.

China calls me. Come to me, Anna. Haha ok not actually like that, but I still get butterflies when I think of going back to China. Oh, I realize it's communist and largely closed to the gospel, I realize the langauage is hard (as I study it), I realize the people I want to reach are poor and I might be poor ( If God wills), and I know that the government will oppose any of my attempts to spread the gospel. But I also know that God will go before me, working in hearts. Behind me, protecting me and growing seeds I plant, and beside me, comforting me, being my truest friend, urging me to continue till glory, showering me with strength, grace, and blessings, keeping my feet from evil, helping me serve Him, and helping me to be faithful in everything I do. So the souls who are on their way to hell, those are the people to whom
I'll be going. With God, for God, by the strength of God. No country is too hard for God. Nothing is too big for God.

School is over in only 3 weeks. Wowza...my first year of teaching...done? Where did the time go! I'll be setting sail for several countries this summer, and I couldn't be more excited. I know that's all I talk about, but I'm just sloop. Sloop? *shrug* don't ask me.

The weather here...oh so scrumptious! Warm and blue. It's Buddha's birthday parade today. Not that I want to say happy birthday false god who draws people away from the one true God, but I've heard the parade is stellar. I'm NOT riding my bike there, though. I'm letting my body have a break!!

Poem

Because of love you made the blind see
In matchless power calmed the storm on the sea
And you healed the sick and made the lame rise
You are power, you are God, let our praises rise

Because of grace you set barabas free
In matchless love you took the cross
For me
And you walked the road and let them
Nail you
You are freedom, you are good, let our worship rise

Shout his praise all the earth
Sing his glory
Let his name resound
He is mighty
Power and wisdom
mighty to save
Let our God be lifted
Let his name be praised

Because of love you made my heart see
In matchless grace gave precious life to me
And you broke the chains and gave me freedom
You are love, you are grace, let my praises rise


No comments:

Post a Comment