Sunday, February 28, 2010

When my hearts overflowing with sorrow
When I see that the valley is long
I can trust in my sweet Savior's leading
In true peace Jesus gives me a song

Oh the depths of his love
Oh how great is his grace
He is strength, he is power
And I look on the face
Of the one who redeemed
Me and saved me from sin
He's my God, precious Lord
And I'm his

In each trial he gives comfort and great hope
When I sin he forgives every stain
I will walk by his side and be faithful
Till he calls and my death is my gain

Oh how gentle his care
And how free is his grace
He is truth, he is light
And I look on the face
Of the one who redeemed
Me and saved me from sin
He's my God, precious Lord
And I'm his

Life is so short. A breath. A vapor. The blink of an eye. We get one life and then eternity.

Think of all that God has done for those he created. To start, he knew we would sin and reject him, but still in love he formed us. He gives us blessings and answers our prayers every day. Not a day goes by that he doesn't love us unconditionally. He loves us enough to die for us. To take our sin debt that we could never pay and pay it for us with his blood.

Then look at the people he created. We're selfish, we complain and hate, we're bitter and discontent, we break his commandments daily, and we we're often so caught up in what we want to do that we forget or choose not to give time back to God. Time to worship him, time to talk with him in prayer, time to serve him and tell others about him.

After all he's done for us, we should be so devoted to serving him with a truly joyful heart. I wasted so many years of my life doing what I wanted, and God mercifully saved me. His grace was greater than the sin I committed. He changed my heart and gave me joy and real peace. He showers me with love and blessings every day. He put life into my heart. So my response, and the response of all those he saved, should be loving service to our King. To the Father who adopted us from a life of death. A human life that is too short. A vapor. A breath. Then eternity.

God, while I still have life and breath, let me serve you. Rule my life. Be the King of my heart and give me courage and grace to obey you and do your will. You satisfy me like no crumbling worldly thing can. I want nothing else. I want my desire to be only for you. Help me keep you in front of my eyes so I serve you alone and I want to obey you. Let my love for you show in my actions, words, and thought. Let me be yours and you mine alone.

It's a long weekend this week. :) holidays...i'm good friends with them! I was able to go to a more traditional part of the city... A folk village of sorts. We found a tiny! but adorable tea house with super yummy tea. It was pretty nice weather and we just walked the streets looking at all the shops and vendors. We went into an art museum. I guess they didn't see many foreigners...it was a little out of the way...so they took our picture and had us sign their guest book. Kinda makes one feel like a celebrity. Minus the millions of dollars...we saw a pagoda that was built only a few years before Christopher Columbus discovered America. A very cool sight. We met a couple from Hong Kong at a restaurant at which we ate. They were delighted to meet other English speaking people.

After that we went to the Namsan tower. It's a huge tower set on a hill. You can hike up a bajillion stairs or take a cable car to the top. We opted for the cable car...once you reach the top you buy your ticket, wait for your number to be called, and then you're herded into an elevator with about 100 other people. Ok, more like 15, but it felt like 100. Once you reach the top, you are rewarded with a spectacular view of the whole city. The tower is circular, so you get a 360。view. The city was all lit up. Very worth it!

After that we went to one of the crowded shopping areas to walk around. We were walking and stumbled upon a restaurant called CanMore. I have looked EVERYWHERE for this store, because they sell the most delicious dessert...팥빙수. Pat-bing-su. Oh yum! It's shaved ice with fruit syrup and condensed milk topped with softnserve and fruit. So delectable!!! We ate there and caught the last train home. Tired but happy.

For those who don't know, I was accepted into an English program called Vaughantown. It is held for one week in Madrid, Spain. Basically you make converstion with business people who are from Spain. All you have to pay for is your plane ticket and they cover the rest. I was thrilled to receive the email stating that I could participate in this program. Please pray I have opportunities to turn the coversation to spiritual things. After Spain, we wil be spending a week in Rome. That should be fun!!

Well, it's been a long day. Time for some shut eye. Until next time! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment