Friday, September 23, 2011

A Portrait of My God: Loving

I love the hymn "The Love of God" and especially the lines "could we with ink the oceans fill, and were the skies of parchment made. Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade. To write the love of God above would drain the oceans dry. Nor could a scroll contain the whole though stretched from sky to sky." And it's so true. There is no way to really explain the love of God.

Some things that amaze me about God's love is that He still sees me, hears my prayers, and is with me. And that He died for me. That He chooses to consider me a treasure even after all that I've done. All that He is and does shows His love for His children.


You spoke and there was light
Sunshines and oceans and rain
Your voice has calmed the seas
Healed the blind, made the lame rise

Who am I that I should hear
You speak to me gentle and kind
Calling me yours, saying I'm free
Your Word shows me your love

You saw the broken and weak
Calling and begging to you
You reached out with your hands
Gave hope and strength and saved their souls

Who am I that you should see
All I have done and still love me
Calling me yours, saying I'm free
Your Word shows me your love

You walked among the lost
Finding the sinners and poor
Making them new and loved
Gave of your wealth, you gave of your life

Who am I that you should die
For one who cursed your precious name
Calling me yours, saying I'm free
The nails show me your love

Your life shows me your love

No comments:

Post a Comment