Monday, September 19, 2011

A Portrait of My God: Forgiving

So, I decided to write a collection of poems/songs that paint a portrait of God and His attributes.
The first one is that He is forgiving.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Ephesians 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace."

Colossians 2:6 "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."


From my knees I look up
Into your face, my King of Grace
Humbled and broken by my sin
I long for joy within

All my life I have searched
For truth and peace, Lord to be free
Now as I'm kneeling at your feet
I ask you to make me clean

I hear you say, "Lift up you face.
You are forgiven my child"
The blood you shed upon the cross
Covers this sinner so vile
Here at your throne, standing alone
I find your mercy is free
I shout your name and gratefully say
You pardoned me

I am new, praise your name
Nor more in chains, no more to blame
For you have taken all my guilt
And made it all your own

I'm a light to the lost
Shining brightly in the darkness
Telling sinners of your great love
And how they can find rest

I hear you say,"Walk in my way
Faithfully serving your Lord.
For you I died upon the cross
Now in my love you're adorned."
Here at your throne, standing alone
I give my life to my King
I should your name and gratefully say
You pardoned me


No comments:

Post a Comment