Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update

Things have been busy busy busy here. The spring program, Pinnichio, is coming up on Friday. Everyone has been preparing for that, and things have been a bit crazy with daily practices.

We got a new lunch system and so lunch times changed. This changed chapel times and art times and other things. We didn't have a big enough place to meet for chapel on Thursday because of all the changes, so instead of canceling, we moved all the desks out of my classroom and PACKED about 70 kids into my little classroom. It was hot and crowded but fun and God was praised.

I'm still praying for a couple of my students who have expressed to me that they know they don't have Jesus living in their heart. They know all about God's love, Jesus' death for their sins, the severity of their sins, heaven and hell, and much much more. I know that God is working in their hearts. I'll just keep praying.

I'm working on memorizing Psalm 119:9-16. Temptations come SO often. So often. How can a young man (or woman) keep his way pure? Hide God's word in my heart. Follow his commandments. Know my God. Stay away from worldly things. Meditate on God's laws. Love his commandments. Then, when temptation comes, I will know what to do so that I will not sin. God promises his help but I have to take it. I can't expect to sail through life free and clear. I have to guard my heart and mind and do that with the help of my God.

I'm pretty sure I'm teaching 5th grade next year, and I'm excited about that. I have really enjoyed this past year. Speaking of which, I can believe how quickly it has passed!! Less than 2 short months and the year will be done and I'll be in Europe and then Canada, America, and then back to Korea.

Toodles for now! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment