Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bunnies In the Metro

Yes, walk through the metro in Sillim and you are bound to find cute brown, black, and white bunnies sitting in a tiny box with an old lady gaurding them. They are so preious, in fact, that one of the teachers saw them, loved them, and bought one. We were on our way to Krispy Kreme, and so can you guess the name? Krispy. Precious. The lady takes a tiny cage about the size of a 3X5 card (ok, so a BIT bigger...) and plops not one, but TWO bunnies into the cage, shoves the lid on, holds it out and smiles. Bunnies in the metro...imagine the possibilities.

Yesterday was my class party. Every time the students turn in all their homework (sometimes they have 5 assignments a night, they get a sticker on their chart. When everyone in the class fills up their charts (20 stickers each), we have a party. I brought them to my apartment, which looks big when it's just me living there. Try stuffing 14 rowdy 5th graders into a living room and not having Mt. Popcorn erupt. Thankfully, they have able hands and swept up MOST of the popcorn, chips, frosting, and sanity that was lying on the floor. There were only a few pieces jammed into the couch cushions. All in all it was a success. They laugh during the movie, were too full to eat cake (fancy that) and had a blast at the park. I'd like to see the day when someone else can fit as many bodies as they did onto my couch.

Tomorrow we're going to 서대문 자연사박물관. It's a museum of natural history. AKA many dino bones and plenty of evolution. A whole floor dedicated to it. What a great teaching opportunity. We just got done studying fossils and dinos in Science and we also had a section on Creationists and Evolutionists. Hopefully they can remember all that we discussed and apply it.

My favorite word in Korean so far is 화장실. Don't know why. Oh, it means bathroom btw. Just in case you were wondering. I guess it's just a very useful word to know.

It cracks me up when little kids look at me and whisper to their friends or parents "미국 사람" which means American. I just look back at them with an awestruck look on my face and say 한국 사람 which means Korean...and is very obvious yet brings gladness to my heart to see their confused faces. I just laugh, say 안녕하세요 (which means hello) and walk away. It's great!

Well, not much else to say...I mean, I'm sure I could say more, but the spacebar on this computer is sketchy. And so, I shall bid you goodnight. Or goodmorning...wherever you are.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment